What benefits can an injured worker be entitled to?
- Medical treatment
- Temporary disability payments
- Permanent disability payments
- Mileage reimbursement
- Job retraining / rehabilitation services
- Death benefits
What kinds of legal problems can Birnbaum Law, PC help with?
Because we work with experienced trial lawyers in a vast array of legal specialties, we can help you with:
- 3rd party, personal injury
- American Disability Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Peculiar risk
- Social Security cases
- Veteran administration
- Long-term, short-term disability
- Discrimination under the Labor Code 132a
- Violation of safety and health conditions in the work place
- Medical malpractice
- Legal malpractice
What is a cumulative trauma claim?
- The Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act covers you for pain and other sympoms you feel as a result of gradual wearing out of joints and orther organs. If you are experiencing pain, that pain may need treatment and may even entitle you to payments under workers compensation.
- If you have numbness in your hands, tingling and feelings of cold, CALL US, we may be able to help. It might be a sore knee that never goes away or the sore shoulder, neck or back that is stiff every morning when you get up or before you start work, or when a specific body part begins to hurt after a long, hard day of work. It also could be exposure to toxic substances or breathing bad air or dust in the workplace.
- If you have any questions as to whether you might have a cumulative trauma claim, please contact the Law Office of Steven M. Birnbaum and ASK.
Hearing loss alert
- You may be missing out on benefits and permanent disability payments if you do not make a claim for hearing loss. Exposure to loud noise in the workplace through time may actually have damaged your hearing.
- If you have suffered such a loss you are entitled to worker’s compensation benefits. Contact the Law Office of Steven M. Birnbaum NOW for information on how to protect your rights.